In our home we tend to stick to a low-grain and refined sugar free way of eating, as both
can be extremely inflammatory throughout the body, especially in the gut. Because the gut
houses 70% of our immune system, it is really important to look after it and feed it foods
that it can really thrive off. As a mum of two young kids, I’m always finding foods and
creating recipes that are not only healthy and gut friendly but yummy too!
This is where my Grain-free Raisin Cookies come in!
They’re made using grain free flour alternatives and are sweetened with a little natural
maple syrup so you can rest assured, you and your little ones guts will be pretty happy with
Grain-free Raisin Cookies
(grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, low-carb)
1 ¼ Cups Almond Flour
¼ Cup Tapioca Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
¾ tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg Yolk
¼ Cup Almond Butter
¼ Cup Coconut Oil
¼ Cup Maple Syrup*
1 tsp Vanilla Extract*
½ Cup Raisins
- In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl whisk all wet ingredients together with a whisk or fork.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet, then mix in the raisins.
- Turn on oven to Bake 180 degrees Celsius and chill the cookie dough in the fridge while the oven heats up.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of cookie dough onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly (they will flatten more while cooking).
- Little Giants Kids Store Silicone Mats are great for lining baking trays to avoid the unnecessary waste of single-use baking paper!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until soft and chewy.
*Be sure to use Pure Maple Syrup not “maple flavoured syrup” as well as Vanilla Extract and not “vanilla essence” as imitation products are filled with artificial ingredients which can be detrimental to gut health
Blog written and recipe created by Frances Tibbits.