Gelatin is basically a superfood for the gut. It helps support and heal the lining of the gut
and intestinal walls, which improves gut integrity and digestive strength. An easy and
delicious way to get gelatin into your kids is with Happy Tummy Gummies! Little Giants Kids Store has a huge range of fun gummy molds, so you can create sweet little treats that your kids will think are like little lollies but you know they’re secretly getting their daily dose of gut-loving gelatin! They’re super easy to make and last for up to two weeks in the fridge. My kids favourite flavours are freshly squeezed orange juice and basically any flavour of
Happy Tummy Gummies.
1/3 Cup Water
3 1/2 Tbsp Organic Gelatin
1 Cup Liquid of Choice*
1-2 Tbsp Sweetener (optional)*
- In a small bowl, mix together water + gelatin, set aside to bloom.
- In a small pot, heat liquid of choice + sweetener (if using) until it just starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin mixture and mix until all gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour into molds + pop into the fridge for an hour. Then you can remove from molds, transfer to an airtight container + store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Liquid ideas include: kombucha, freshly squeezed orange juice, blended + sieved berries,
fruit/herbal teas, store bought juices (my favourite clean brands are The Homegrown Juice
Co and Almighty Drinks).
*Sweetener ideas include: natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup or natural
sugar-free sweeteners such as stevia, monk fruit and erythritol blends (my favourite are
Natvia and Lakanto).
Tips for successful gummies
- Be sure to “bloom” the gelatin for at least 5 minutes. This is the gelatin activation process.
- Bloom the gelatin in cold tap water, rather than warm or chilled water.
- Let you gummies set well in the fridge. Set them for at least an hour and if they are not coming out of their molds easily, leave them for a further 45mins.
- Don't skimp on the gelatin, often gummies don't hold their shape when too little gelatin has been used. If your gummies don't set well, try adding another ½ Tbsp to your next batch.
I get both my Gelatin from Natural Things with my discount code FRANCES10. (Discount code is non-affiliate which means I don't get anything out of it but you still get the discount!!)
Blog written and recipe created by Frances Tibbits