The kids had been begging for homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies for weeks but I’d been putting off making them because I had never found a recipe I liked. Soooo I decided to make up my own instead!! By the third batch (and third week) we finally have a winner.
Sweetened with organic coconut sugar and using almond flour as a base, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are refined sugar-free, gluten-free and grain-free.
We personally love Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate because it also doesn’t contain any artificial flavours, emulsifiers or vegetable oils like a lot of other chocolate. But they also have a delicious Organic Milk Chocolate which is free from artificial flavours and vegetable oils but does contain organic raw cane sugar and anorganic soy lecithin emulsifier. This is still one of the cleanest milk chocolates I’ve found in NZ.
These cookies will last for a week or so in an air-tight container but they are especially delicious fresh out of the oven while they are still soft and gooey and the chocolate is nice and melty - yum!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients80g Butter - room temperature
1/2 C Coconut Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 C Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
90g Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to fan-bake 180°C and line 2 oven trays with your Little Giants Silicone Mats.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and coconut sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in dry ingredients then fold through the chocolate.
- Roll into 24 small balls and press into the lined trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes, switching the trays over half-way through.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week - enjoy.
LGKS Silicone Mats available from Little Giants Kids Store with my discount code FRANCES. It is an affiliate code so you will get 10% off and I will get a small percentage of each sale. If you use my code, thank you! It goes toward helping me support my family.