Loaded Chocolate Bark is always a crowd pleaser and is the perfect “bring-a-plate” as we go into the festive season. It’s also great for a beautiful yet easy dessert for dinner parties or on a shared platter at kids parties.
Combining the green of pistachio nuts or pumpkin seeds with the red of dried cranberries or freeze-dried raspberries gives it a truly festive feel. If you’re doing a dark chocolate bark, a white chocolate drizzle over top always looks really beautiful. And vice versa - white bark looks great with a dark chocolate drizzle.
When choosing your toppings be sure to add something crunchy as well as something soft for a difference in texture.
Similarly, if you’re adding a lot of dried fruit or crystallised ginger, be sure to balance out the sweetness with nuts and seeds.
I prefer to use the Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate as it’s low in sugar and I know there will be plenty of sweetness added with the toppings but Whittakers Creamy Milk definitely makes for a delicious sweet treat!
Loaded Chocolate Bark
2 blocks of Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate or 2/3 block of Whittakers
1 tsp Macadamia Nut or Coconut Oil
Toppings (choose from the following)
Nuts - pistachio, peanut, macadamia, walnut, almond, hazelnut
Seeds - pumpkin, sunflower, pinenuts
Dried Fruit - cranberries, apricots, cherriesFreeze-dried Fruit - raspberries, cherries, mandarin, strawberries, lychees, blueberries
Other - crystalised ginger, coconut chips or coconut smiles, white chocolate for drizzle
- Line a tray with a Little Giants Silicone Mat
- Chop any of your larger chosen toppings into small pieces, and get all other small toppings ready to go so you can get them on the chocolate before it starts to set.
- In a double boiler* melt broken or roughly chopped chocolate and oil together.
- Once melted, pour onto the lined tray and spread in a thin, even layer.
- Sprinkle (or methodically place if you’re anything like me haha) your chosen toppings over the chocolate before it starts to set.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 30 minutes or fridge for an hour to set.
- Remove from fridge/freezer, peel off the Little Giants Silicone Mat and break into desired size pieces. Place on your serving plate and enjoy!
*to create a double boiler add half an inch of water to a small pot. Place a heat proof bowl (pyrex or similar on top of the pot but make sure the bowl is not touching the water. This allows the chocolate to melt slowly and evenly and prevents it from burning on direct heat.
LGKS Silicone Mats available from Little Giants Kids Store with my discount code FRANCES. It is an affiliate code so you will get 10% off and I will get a small percentage of each sale. If you use my code, thank you! It goes toward helping me support my family.