This 4 ingredient recipe is super yummy and super easy to make! Most of the flavoured popcorn options in the supermarket today contain inflammatory vegetable & seed oils, artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
This Honey Butter Popcorn is made with 4 simple wholefood ingredients, making it healthy and nourishing for you and your little ones!
For all our vegan and dairy intolerant friends, I haven’t yet tried swapping out the butter for coconut oil but I have high hopes that it would turn out fantastically! If you give it a go, let us know how you get on!
Honey Butter Popcorn
1/4 Cup Popcorn Kernels (we use Ceres Organics)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a large oven tray with your Little Giants Silicone Mat.
- In a large pot melt the coconut oil over a medium-high heat with the lid on.
- Pop 5-6 kernels in at the same time.
- Once they have all popped then tip in the 1/4 Cup of kernels.
- Give the pot a bit of a shake to ensure the kernels are all coated in oil and again, cover with the lid.
- Once it looks like most of the popcorn has popped and the popping begins to slow, give the pot a few little shakes to ensure the bottom layer does not stick and burn while the remaining kernels finish popping.
- Pour the popcorn over the lined oven tray and spread out evenly.
- In a small pot melt together the butter and honey for 5 minutes or so, until it is nice and bubbly and caramel coloured.
- Pour over the popcorn and gently mix until all popcorn is fairly evenly coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, take out and give it a mix, then bake for a further 10 minutes.
- If the popcorn is not quite golden and crunchy enough, continue to bake in 5 minute increments to ensure it doesn’t burn.
The Honey Butter Popcorn will last in an airtight container for a week - Enjoy!
LGKS Silicone Mats available from Little Giants Kids Store with my discount code FRANCES. It is an affiliate code so you will get 10% off and I will get a small percentage of each sale. If you use my code, thank you! It goes toward helping me support my family.