Grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free but still super delicious! TheseGrain-free Banana Muffins are sure to be a win with both your kids' taste buds and their little growing bodies!
Similarly, my favourite dark chocolate is Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate because it also doesn’t contain any artificial flavours, emulsifiers or vegetable oils like a lot of other chocolate.
It is also important to use Pure Maple Syrup not “maple flavoured syrup” as well as Vanilla Extract and not “vanilla essence” as imitation products are filled with artificial ingredients which can be detrimental to gut health. And because the gut houses 70% of our immune system, it is really important to look after it, especially during these relentless winter months!
Grain-free Banana Muffins
1/4 C Almond butter
1/4 C Nut Milk (almond or coconut)
1/4 C Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 C Almond Flour
3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to fan-bake 180°C and line a couple of muffin trays with 18 LGKS Silicone Food Cups.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond butter, nut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mash bananas with a fork, add to the bowl and mix.
- Next add the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder and gently fold through.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks, add to the bowl and again, gently fold through.
- Spoon mixture evenly between the food cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, switching the trays over halfway through to ensure even baking.
LGKS Silicone Food Cups available from Little Giants Kids Store with my discount code FRANCES. It is an affiliate code so you will get 10% off and I will get a small percentage of each sale. If you use my code, thank you! It goes toward helping me support my family.