Now this Organic Rocky Road is a little bit boujee but it is also super healthy and gut-
friendly so worth the extra time and ingredients in my opinion!
You’ll need to whip up a batch of Collagen Gummies or Happy Tummy Gummies and a
batch of Gut-Loving Marshmallows first so this is definitely a recipe that requires a bit of
forethought. But to be able to take an old classic and turn it into something you can give your kids without spiking their blood-sugar or impairing their gut-flora is something I love about modern baking.
You can get creative with your mix-ins too. Some really yummy suggestions are things like
freeze-dried fruit, chopped nuts and seeds or preservative-free puffed rice.
I like making the Gummies either in a big glass dish and cutting them into little cubes once
set, or to make them extra boujee and cute, I make them in the LGKS mini heart moulds so
the Rocky Road is loaded with cute little hearts throughout.
Organic Rocky Road
1 batch of Collagen Gummies or Happy Tummy Gummies
1 batch of Gut-Loving Marshmallows
1 packet of Ceres Organics Coconut Rolls
2 blocks of Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate
*optional: 1-2 Tbsp sugar-free sweetener such as Lakanto or Natvia
- Prepare mix-ins by cutting Gummies and Marshmallows into small cubes and the Coconut Rolls in half.
- Line a baking tray (that will fit in your freezer) with a LGKS Silicone Mat
- Break chocolate into small small pieces and melt (with sweetener if using) over a double boiler*
- Pour a little less than half the chocolate on the Silicone mat and spread out.
- Sprinkle mix-ins all over.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over top to ensure everything is stuck together. (Because we’re using homemade marshmallows in this recipe which melt with heat, we can’t just mix everything up in a bowl or else the hot chocolate melts the marshmallow)
- Pop in the freezer for about 40 minutes, then carefully remove from the silicone sheet onto a chopping board and cut into desired size.
- This is best eaten the same day otherwise can be stored in the fridge for about a week. The coconut rolls will go a little soft in the fridge though.
*To make a double boiler you need a small pot filled with 2cm-3cm water and a slightly
larger heat-proof bowl that will sit on top of the pot, without the bottom of the bowl touching the water. This method of melting the chocolate ensures the chocolate does not burn.
Gelatin, Superfood Lattes, Collagen and silicone mat available from Little Giants Kids Store with my discount code FRANCES. It is an affiliate code so you will get 10% off and I will get a small percentage of each sale. If you use my code, thank you! It goes toward helping me support my family.
Recipe created and blog written by Frances Tibbits